What You'll Find...


An Ongoing Discussion about Christ and Culture in a Post-Postmodern Context.
or
Resurrection-Shaped Stories from the Emmaus Road.

What They're Saying...

(about the book)
"A remarkable book. Raffi's is a dramatic and powerful story and I am privileged to have been part of it."
- N.T. Wright

(about the blog)
"Raffi gets it."
- Michael Spencer, a.k.a. The Internet Monk

Sorry, NOOMA Buffs...But This is Just Plain Funny!


Don 't get me wrong; I loves me some Rob Bell.

Velvet Elvis.

Sex God.

All of it.

Rob's like the 21st century Origen...kinda out there, but you get a sense that God is speaking to this guy in a deep way.

Having said that, this piece from The Door had me rolling. Here's an excerpt:

An exclusive excerpt (including footnotes!) from Rob Bell's groundbreaking new book Oingo Boingo: Rediscovering Realness In Authentic Realitude:

I was counseling a man and woman the other day. He was very angry. And upset. And she was too.

They.

were.

upset.

I looked at the man. He was so upset because he was quite displeased with the whole situation. And that reminded me of Jesus. “Jesus” is this man, who is also God, who is talked about in the Christian holy writings called “The Bible.” In this “Bible,” there are many “stories” about Jesus in things called “gospels.” Anyhoo, one day “Jesus” became “upset.”

So upset that he turned over tables.

Tables people changed money at.

Tables where people had times at.

Tables. Times.

Often we do math. Using times tables. The word “times tables” appears approximately 37 times in the Bible. In the Greek, it is made up of two words. “Blek” meaning “times” and “plethunos” meaning “tables.” Times Tables.

Times.

Tables.

Multiplication.

Like I said, loves me some Rob.

Love.

Rob.

Bell.

Grace and Peace,
Raffi



Subscribe TwitThis

1 Comments:

  1. Mofast said...
     

    Yeah, that was pretty good. I think the Greek for "times" and "tables" was my favorite.

Post a Comment



 

     



Creative Commons License
Parables of a Prodigal World by Raffi Shahinian is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.